Welcome to my Broke Betch Cooking series, which is exactly what it sounds like: cooking deliciousness on a budget! Living in NYC is expensive, as is ordering takeout for lunch and dinner every day. Other than Sushi Sundays, which is a long, beloved tradition for me, I try to cook most of my meals at home. Sometimes I’ll go to the grocery store with something specific in mind, but a lot of the time, I end up making something with whatever I can find in the fridge/pantry (I am the leftovers queen). I am a HUGE foodie, and strongly believe that a delicious meal is worth all the time and effort. I’m continuously surprised by how often people will reach out about the pictures of food that I post on Instagram (yes, I am that basic bitch), so I figured I would share my “recipes,” if you will, to spread the wealth! Enjoy!
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
For Christmas this year, Santa treated me to a lot of kitchen tools to experiment with (he must have been keeping up with Broke Betch Cooking)! One of the best tools I received was the CRUX Artisan Series Immersion Blender. I’m excited to keep experimenting with it, but so far my favorite thing to make with it is soup!
Soup is such a treat…I’ve never attempted or known how to make it before, so I’m used to basic canned soup. Making it from scratch with fresh ingredients makes SUCH a difference in taste, and it couldn’t have been easier with this blender.
You can also use a regular blender or something like a Nutribullet or Magic Bullet for the same effect. This recipe is so great because it only takes about 10 minutes to make and a few minutes to heat up!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Drain the roasted red peppers & add to the blender
- Add tomatoes & blend together with the peppers until there are no chunks
- Add the vegetable stock and heavy cream & blend
- Add salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper & blend
- Peel & finely chop the garlic clove (or add a spoonful of pre-cut garlic)
- Peel and chop the shallot
- Chop up the fresh basil
- Add garlic, shallot, and basil & blend until smooth
- Heat up soup on the stovetop until it begins steaming — & enjoy!!
I’m looking forward to experimenting with more soup recipes. Let me know in the comments below which recipe you’d like to see next! And, please share this recipe with friends or family–they will be thanking you for this delicious, easy meal!
- How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles & Under Eye Bags At Home
- The Best Pillows for Your Best Sleep This Winter
- How To Dye Your Hair At Home – Complete Tips & Guide
- Winter Skincare Part 1: Morning Routine
- Broke Betch Cooking: Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup