In order to make myself feel better about my online shopping addiction, and to share my very important opinions with you all, I’m starting ‘The Haul’ series! Whether it’s a giant box of Sephora, art supplies from Michael’s, overpriced clothes I have no right to buy, or a huge order of random crap from Amazon, I’m here to share and to hopefully provide some helpful advice and suggestions!
SO. Here are some of the things that I’ve ordered on Amazon in the past month or so…
- ICONIC Acne Pimple Healing Patch: ($12) I’m a little obsessed with skincare right now, and always looking for new solutions to skin issues. I wasn’t sure about these patches, but they had good reviews and I figured they were cheap enough to try out. I have to say, they are pretty awesome. They blend right into your skin, so you can even wear them under makeup. I’ve been wearing them either overnight or throughout the day while working from home and noticed a huge difference! I would definitely recommend these for anyone struggling with blemishes, big or small.
- The Beauty Haven Electric Jade Roller and Gua Sha Set: ($17) After the tragic death of my beloved Mount Lai Gua Sha tool (shattered on the kitchen floor), this set was an exciting replacement. I love the electric vibrating face roller (the vibration helps with the absorption of the product into your skin) and the headband keeps all your baby hairs from getting caught up in your product!
- Burt’s Bees Complete Nourishment Facial Oil: ($9) I ordered this to use with the roller and Gua Sha set, above. It is really hydrating and is a great product to use with the Gua Sha for a face/jaw massage (shoutout to my fellow teeth-grinders).
- Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum: ($25) This serum had really good reviews, and I figured it was worth a shot to clear up my quarantine acne (it’s a real thing, I swear). WARNING: don’t use more than 2-3 times a week– I learned this the hard way. I got too excited and applied it a few days in a row, resulting in a really weird skin reaction (red bumps, raw feeling) that lasted over a week. Since I’ve been using it correctly, I have definitely had clearer skin and will totally be reordering this. It’s powerful stuff!
- Meister Professional Hair-Cutting Scissor: ($20) As many others might agree, the struggle of not having access to hair salons during quarantine is real. I had a solid 5 inches of dead hair that was driving me crazy, so I risked it all and bought these shears for my roommate Whitney to cut my hair! She did an amazing job, and these scissors gave me a really professional-looking, clean cut. At-Home Beauty blog post coming soon covering Whitney’s awesome cut!**
**Note: Be sure to check out my At-Home Beauty series on the blog, and keep checking back for more. You’ll see a lot of these products featured!
- Blowfish for Hangovers: ($12) If you know me, you know that I’ve always had a problem with hangovers. Whether it’s 5 Fireball shots or just one glass of wine, I’m always feeling it the day after drinking. I’ve tried all the solutions ever suggested, and Blowfish is probably one of the first that’s made a bit of a difference. It’s not an absolute cure, and I’ve heard various feedback about this product, but I think the carbonation makes a big difference in helping to wake up and feel better! I used a discount code and ordered on the Blowfish website for my first order, and then when I decided I wanted to reorder, I switched over to Amazon Prime for quick shipping!
- OLLY Sleep Melatonin: ($17) I’ve been raving about this melatonin since the first night that I tried it and I’ve reordered it twice already (might be low-key addicted). I’ve tried melatonin before, and it’s always made me sleepy the next day. I am totally asleep (and usually drooling, TBH) 30 minutes after eating a couple gummies and I feel SO recharged and awake the next morning! I can’t recommend these gummies enough for anyone who has trouble sleeping. Two small warnings: 1) While these help you easily fall asleep right away, I’ve found that they don’t necessarily keep you asleep throughout the entire night; 2) I’ve had some pretty crazy dreams after taking these gummies. I haven’t experienced this every single night, but be warned!
- FEIYOLD Blue Light Blocking Glasses: ($20) I am totally obsessing over these blue light blocking glasses (thanks for the suggestion, Chelsea)! They are SO cute, and I wish I ordered these right when I started working from home. We are all in front of the computer a little more these days, and these give your eyes a much-deserved break. Plus, I have to admit……they make me feel smart.
- Rainbow Socks – Sushi Socks Box: ($23) How freaking cute are these? I ordered these as a birthday present for my fellow sushi-lover, Kelsey. They come in a little package with chopsticks and look just like giant sushi rolls. Such a great idea for a fun gift!
- Pureboost Clean Energy Drink Mix and Immune System Support: ($30) I got this as a substitute for my expensive, sugar-heavy Starbucks Refresher drinks when the Starbucks stores were closed. It definitely doesn’t taste as good as the Refreshers, but I love that this mix has immune system support, and it’s so much cheaper than a daily Starbucks run. I usually make one of these before my typical afternoon slump around 2pm and it really helps power me through to the end of the day!
Leave a Reply